Friday, April 05, 2013

Quirky Tranquility - PhotoHunt

PhotoHunt theme : What is peace and tranquility for you?/ Quirky

tree hotel 1

A quick getaway to Bangkok for some great Thai food and shopping.

Tranquility in a busy city like Bangkok is possible. At a Hong Kong friend's recommendation, we checked out Bangkok Tree House. Situated far from the tourist belt, guests even have to take a ferry to reach this quirky hotel.

tree hotel 3
Huge ants crawling in my room!

There are only 10 rooms which are all built above ground level. Each room features a different insect on the wall. There's no fridge and no TV. There is chilled water in a fridge in the common area for all guests.

tree hotel 6

Bed on the roof terrace so you can lay on it and count the stars at night. 

tree hotel 5

Need some peace and quiet? 

tree hotel  7

Outdoor seats of the cafe overlooking the woods 

tree hotel 2

Looks scary standing on this glass floor. 

tree hotel 4

Oh no .... every time a lady needs to use this loo, she might get nervous.

tree house 8

Enjoy a good view of the greenery outside when having a shower in this bathroom, I don't know whether the peeping Toms consider it as a good view if I am taking my shower. LOL......

Bangkok Tree House
Bang namphueng, Moo 1, Samut Prakarn, Thonburi - South, Bangkok




27 comments:

  1. I love it. Looks like a fun place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Lots of foreign visitors who enjoy the nature of the surroundings.

      Delete
  2. What an interesting house! I love sleeping at that bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks cool but scary at the same time. i hope there are no peeping toms peering into windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rooms are situated on high floor and face the forest, probably only the monkeys will invade the guests' privacy. :P

      Delete
  4. It looks like a fun place to stay! But yeah the loo would be a bit unnerving for me too haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha ..... most of the ladies whom I show this photo of the toilet made the same comment. kekeke...l

      Delete
  5. this post really fits the bill of the combined theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe... need to rack my brains and search for the right photos to fit the theme.

      Delete
  6. Wow! What an interesting place.

    I'd love to try it out one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find your photos interesting but have to admit that they don't make me want to stay in that hotel! :O

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness...why would they wanna create such toilet? To look at the surrounding down there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can see the green plants below. The waste is removed through modern sanitary plumbing, unlike toilets in some rural village.

      Delete
  9. Interesting place but giant ants as wall painting??? great combination of both themes!! happy weekend, ECL.

    photohunters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The giant ants are not painted, they are models of ants glued on the wall :)

      Delete
  10. That's a great 'alternative experience' of Bangkok! If you like this then please check out this place too when you are in KL - http://www.serendah.com/

    I love it!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/horsoon/5211070228/in/set-72157625350580283/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Horsoon. This looks good and it is nearer to home :)

      Delete
  11. It's a great 'alternative Bangkok experience'!

    Please check out this place too when you are in KL - http://www.serendah.com/home.html

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/horsoon/5211070228/in/set-72157625350580283/

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful place!! I am not sure I would like those bugs above me while I was sleeping...even if they are not real...my imagination would be set off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the quirky hotel - perfect for this week's theme.

    Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi ECL, wow what a cool hotel and getaway. Sleeping under the stars would be very tranquil. I must admit that the fake ants crawling over my bed and the glass floor by the loo would make me nervous. :)

    Wonderful photo collection. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool little place! I'd love to stay there. That glass floor is too funny. Hope you had a great time in Thailand!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a quirky hotel... You know I love to travel, but I'm not sure about this place!
    Happy Hunting y'all~

    ReplyDelete