Friday, November 08, 2013

Great Singapore Sale 2013 - PhotoHunt

20120708_143655

PhotoHunt theme : Cutlery/Sale

The Great Singapore Sale celebrated its 20th anniversary this year with prices slashed up to 70% off its original prices at the main shopping belts and in suburban shopping malls throughout Singapore. It attracted shopaholics from the region who flew in for bargain buys.

My friends from neighbouring countries usually fly in for this much-anticipated annual mega sale. We would spend a few days checking out the malls for irresistible offers. :D

I love to shop in the Bedding and Kitchen Accessories department.

20130907_163032

I was fascinated with this ultra sharp ceramic knife which could cut a block of ice. I spent an hour watching the lady demonstrate the uses of the knife.

I was amazed how easily I can create beautiful garnishing from vegetables and fruits with a little creativity. I didn't buy the knife as it was too costly even with a 20% discount.

20130629_131025

This adorable egg cup would be a cool gift for my young nephews. When I took a look at the price tag, I almost fainted. It's just too expensive for serving an egg!

The Great Singapore Sale runs for two full months. For bargain hunters like my friends and I, there is more than enough time to pick up offer items at our own leisure. Happy shopping!



35 comments:

  1. The bargain sounds great. There are also many bargain sales in Japan.
    Many young people like them. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to visit Japan and pick up some good bargains. I would like some Japanese crockery and beddings.

      Delete
  2. That's sounds like so much fun! I love bargain shopping its my therapy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An annual event meeting up with my girlfriends from the neighbouring countries. Fun and we end up very exhausted. :D

      Delete
  3. Woah started already? But i don't think i'm going Sg this year... maybe next year :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. singapore offers great shopping and i think this program makes the experience even more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of sales all year round in Singapore but nothing compared to this Great Singapore Sale. :)

      Delete
  5. My husband would be in heaven shopping here. He's does all the cooking and he loves all the cool gadgets that are out there. Having them up to 70% off helps too.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 70% off is an attraction and the sale is genuine. I am happy with my purchases which cost less than usual..

      Delete
  6. Shopping is so fun over there at Sg! I wanna go there la ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, only when there is genuine discounts. Sometimes the beautiful items can be too irresistible. :P

      Delete
  7. i don't like gadgets and don't cook much either. they wouldn't have gotten any sale from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I guess you are among those who think that the Great Singapore Sale really is great! ;b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so do many of my friends from the region. Besides clothes, we ladies love to buy beddings and kitchen accessories. These usually have good discounts. I have picked up some great bargains. :)

      Delete
  9. Nowadays i only buy things i need, if not buy and buy, end up collecting dust in the house, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love collecting beautiful things and I end up with lots of stuff I have never use. :(.

      Delete
  10. It sounds like a great sale, with a lot of bargains. I am not much of a shopper now. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, stunning very strong ceramic knife that can cut a block of ice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recall brides signing up in stores that sold "I call home ware stuff'" A place were they picked out there cutlery, dish pattern, and linen. Not sure if there much into that now days...Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  13. Couldn't find any cutlery, not even chopsticks, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  14. 70 % off -that is amazing. It is no wonder that people come in from all around!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great sale! I am always fascinated by the kitchen widget guy.

    I've been following the news out of the Philippines... so tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is the end of the year again and that means more sales for stock clearance. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. My aunt and cousins from Sg just visited us here in M'sia recently, guess it's time for me to return their visit soon he he... :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy shopping but don't spend too much now ha ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. My goodness I can't imagine flying to another country to shop. That would be the last thing in the world for me to travel. Shopping bores me to death. Oh well different strokes as they say. Good thing were not all the same..that would be boring,

    ReplyDelete